©2021 Reporters Post24. All Rights Reserved.
This fragrant paste makes two to four delicious curries!
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 – 3 green chilies, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced, or 4 tblsps minced red onion
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-size piece of galangal
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
- 3-4 finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce; (vegetarians: 1 tablespoon soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste; (vegetarians: 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 – 4 tablespoons coconut oil
Place all ingredients in a food processor, chopper or blender.
Process well to form a fragrant Thai green curry paste.
Taste-test it for salt and spice.
If too salty, add a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice.
Add more chili for more heat.
Your curry paste is now ready to be used.
You can bottle up any leftovers and keep it in the refrigerator for up to one week. Freeze thereafter. Squeeze some lime juice over the chicken and serve with the salad.
Enjoy this delicious recipe by Poh Ling Yeow.
Other recipes: Windmill Cafe Breakfast Bowl