©2021 Reporters Post24. All Rights Reserved.
Launched last month, Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with the first-ever XMAGE camera imaging system that now beats all phones on DXOMARK. The camera evaluation platform has placed Mate 50 Pro in first place above Google Pixel 7 Pro, Honor Magic4 Ultimate, iPhone 14 Pro Max, and iPhone 14 Pro.
According to the DXOMARK listing, Huawei Mate 50 Pro achieved 149 points on the camera ranking. This ranking is compiled by sub-scores including photo – 152 points, bokeh – 80 points, preview 63 points, zoom – 148 points, and video 141 points.
The phone has brought in 142 points for a top score for portrait, group photos, and video recording. While it received 151 points for indoor photographs, 122 points for light photos and videos, and 165 points for outdoor photos and videos shot in bright light conditions.
Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with a powerful camera system consisting of a 50MP sensor, 24mm equivalent lens with f/1.4 – f/4.0 adjustable aperture, OIS. There’s a 13MP sensor, 13mm equivalent f/2.2-aperture lens ultra wide-angle camera, and a 64MP, 90mm equivalent f/3.5-aperture lens, OIS telephoto zoom lens.
Below you can check the pros and cons of the phone’s camera capabilities according to DXOMARK:
- Wide dynamic range in both photo and video
- High level of image detail
- Very well-controlled noise in the photo
- Extended depth of field on group pictures in bright light conditions
- Good detail preservation across all zoom ranges
- Pleasant simulated bokeh effect
- Generally fast and accurate autofocus in photo and video
- Pleasant colors in bright light conditions
- Residual motion is well-controlled in video mode
- Slight white balance casts that are sometimes visible
- Differences between preview and capture that are often visible in difficult scenes
- Sometimes slightly slow capture of difficult scenes
- Sharpness differences between frames are often visible in the video