©2021 Reporters Post24. All Rights Reserved.
Microsoft Edge just announced the launch of the first Microsoft Edge Dev version 94 build. Coming in at version 94.0.972.0, Microsoft says that this build brings “lots of exciting things to share.” Here’s a look at everything that’s new, changed, and more.
First off, we start with added features. There are three major things this week. Microsoft added a second row of Top Sites on the New Tab page. In addition, Microsoft enabled the new Spellcheck experience on Mac. The other two changes include a new-sign in dialogue when signing into the browser, and support for full-page screenshots and InPrivate authentication via Face ID on iOS. There are even some new management policies, which we won’t get into here.
Since this is the first major version 94 build, don’t expect too many fixes and changed behaviors. The list is quite short this week, and we’ve included them all for you below.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes crash after an OS upgrade.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where a webpage crash can sometimes also cause a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with PDFs sometimes causes the browser to freeze or crash.
- Fixed a crash when playing videos.
- Fixed an issue where pinned tabs are sometimes duplicated after restoring the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where the Import Browser Data popup in Settings sometimes doesn’t appear or work.
- Fixed an issue where themes sometimes become broken or uninstalled after the browser updates.
- Fixed an issue where printing a PDF multiple times sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where Office files sometimes fail to download with a SERVER_FORBIDDEN error.
- Fixed an issue where some passwords in Password Settings don’t have an option to change them.
- Fixed an issue where WebView2 applications fail to open on Windows 11.
- Fixed an issue where WebView2 applications sometimes fail to authenticate with an ERR_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT_NEEDED error.
- Fixed an issue with vertical tabs where all tabs sometimes become invisible.
- Fixed an issue where Favorites in Application Guard windows sometimes are corrupted.
- Fixed an issue where User Initiated Autofill doesn’t work in multi-line text boxes.
- Fixed an issue where MHT files sometimes don’t open properly.
- Fixed an issue where spellcheck suggestions sometimes don’t appear.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where SmartCopy doesn’t appear to work because the buttons that appear to copy captured content don’t work.
Known issues for this release haven’t changed over the last release. Check out the full Microsoft post here if you want a recap of those. Otherwise, happy downloading! We also remind you to check out the Beta channel of the Edge Insider program, too. Version 93 of Edge just hit that channel, with Tab Groups and a set of other new features.