©2021 Reporters Post24. All Rights Reserved.
OpenHarmony – the open-source project of the HarmonyOS operating system, is now available on the top software and version control platform, GitHub. According to the information, the OpenHarmony project on GitHub is a read-only mirror for OpenHarmony and won’t be used for accepting issues or pull requests.
GitHub is a Git repository hosting service, but it adds many of its own features. While Git is a command-line tool, GitHub provides a Web-based graphical interface. It also provides access control and several collaboration features, such as wikis and basic task management tools for every project.
OpenHarmony is the next-gen open-source operating system, which is supported on several platforms and works on the Internet of everything. Following its development, Huawei has officially donated the source code to the open-source foundation – OpenAtom.
OpenHarmony downloadable source code is still hosted at Gitee https://gitee.com/openharmony
On September 30, 2021, OpenAtom Foundation launched Openharmony 3.0 project, which is based on the OpenHarmony 2.2 Beta 2 and brings substantial improvements over the past version and optimizes the operating system.
New features and functions of the standard system:
- The user program framework supports service capability (ServiceAbility, DataAbility) and thread model.
- Supports file security access, that is, the ability to convert files into URIs and resolve URIs to open files.
- Support the basic ability of device management PIN code authentication.
- Support the basic capabilities of relational databases and distributed data management.
- Support Ark JS compilation toolchain and runtime, support OpenHarmony JS UI framework application development and operation.
- Support remote binding ServiceAbility, FA cross-device migration capabilities.
- Support application notification subscription and application notification message redirection capabilities.
- Support the input method framework and support the input of basic English letters, symbols, and numbers.
- The camera application supports basic capabilities for previewing, taking pictures, and recording videos.
- Support CS basic call and GSM short message capabilities.
- Support timer capability and provide timing time zone management capability.
- Under the distributed networking between standard devices, it provides permission verification functions when applications access peer resources or capabilities across devices.
New features and functions for lightweight and small systems:
- New lightweight distributed capability enhancements are added to support starting Ability on standard systems from lightweight systems.
- Soft bus capability enhancement support, providing authentication channel transmission capability, used for device binding.
- Enhanced support for lightweight globalization capabilities, and support for 31 new languages.
- A new permission attribute field and its writing interface are added to the lightweight system, and upper-layer applications can implement related services through this field.